There was a report of fire incident at the presidential villa on Thursday June 4. This was confirmed by Garba Shehu, the Senior Special Assistant to the President on Media and Publicity.
The fire incident took place at a store near the State House Chapel in the Presidential Villa on Thursday afternoon according to Garba Shehu. Garba described it as a minor incident that was linked it to an electrical spark, and no casualty was recorded.
“The incident, linked to an electrical spark, was immediately brought under control by alert staff using available fire extinguishers well ahead of the arrival of the Federal Fire Service trucks stationed just outside the premises. Luckily, no injury or serious damage was recorded.”